Hampton Roads Transit’s Accountability Center provides our riders, the public, and our stakeholders with monthly data and information on the service quality and service levels of our transit agency and transit services.
- Provide a high-quality service that is easy to use and enhances people’s lives.
- Provide reliable, safe, and desirable service, amenities, and information.
- Serve people where and when they need to travel.
- Achieve and maintain a high rate of customer satisfaction.
- Foster regional quality of life and economic vitality.
- Contribute to regional congestion mitigation and environmental health and sustainability.
- Maximize access for residents, employees, and visitors to and between regional activity centers, job centers, and workforce development opportunities.
- Build community trust as a valuable partner in a thriving region.
- Ensure financial stewardship and cost-effective operations.
- Provide cost-efficient transit service that leverages all available resources to offer the best value for the investment.
- Perform asset management that achieves and maintains a state of good repair and sustainability and maximizes investment impacts.
- Effectively align and manage resources and processes to maximize workplace productivity, achieve agency goals, and demonstrate safe and sustainable business practices to ensure long-term viability.
- Build a culture for innovation and workforce success to ensure HRT remains relevant to the dynamic needs of the region.
- Continue to progress and innovate collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders to improve service to customers.
- Support a diverse and empowered workforce to strengthen core competencies and support an inclusive and productive workplace.
- Be an employer of choice and inspire and invest in our workforce and develop future leaders.
- HRT’s Performance to Similar U.S. Transit Agencies
- Performance Diagnostic Presentation – February 2019
- Performance Review – December 2018
“To connect Hampton Roads with transportation solutions that are reliable, safe, efficient and sustainable.”
“A progressive mobility agency that promotes prosperity across Hampton Roads through collaboration and teamwork.”
“We strive for safety excellence across all areas of our business.”
“We’re committed to professional, courteous and dependable service.”
“We’re committed to effective hiring, training, and ongoing success of every team member.”
“We’re dedicated to diligent stewardship that is accountable, transparent, and delivers the most value for our customers and funding partners.”
This section provides current and historical reports that highlight HRT’s financial performance.