Smart Cities & Innovation Committee
The Smart Cities & Innovation Committee (SCIC) shares, manages and evaluates smart city and innovation policies and projects, potential partnerships and funding opportunities.
The SCIC Committee meets quarterly at 12 noon on the second Thursday of the month, typically following the Operations & Oversight Committee (O&O) meeting. The meetings are hybrid to include virtual (webinars) and in-person accommodations. Proper notice will be given when dates or location are modified.
Any questions or comments can be directed to the SCIC HRT Representative or Administrative Liaison.
October 12, 2023 12:00pm
3400 Victoria Boulevard, Hampton
December 7, 2023 12:00pm
509 East 18th Street, Bldg. 4, Norfolk
To identify and support opportunities to deploy technologies and innovations within HRT with a goal of providing more efficient, safe and reliable transit to all of our riders and increase ridership.
SCIC Member Feedback
- Hon. Andria McClellan (Chair), Norfolk
- Hon. Patricia P. Woodbury, Newport News
- Commissioner James Gray, Hampton
- Alt. Commissioner Carl Jackson, Portsmouth
- Denise Johnson, TRAC
- Janice Taylor, PAC, Virginia Beach
- Ben Schoenfeld, Code for Hampton Roads
- Jan Lesser, INIT Innovations in Transportation, Inc.
- Dr. Mecit Cetin, Transportation Research Institute, ODU
- Paul Atkinson, Jr., Eggleston/PAC
- Tiffany Dubinsky, AICP, VA DRPT
- William Harrell, HRT President & CEO
- Michael A. Price, Sr., HRT CIO/CTO, SCIC HRT Representative
- Dr. Brian Smith, HRT
- Raymond Amoruso, HRT
- Gene Cavasos, HRT
- Sheri Dixon, HRT
- Kamlesh Chowdhary, HRT
- Steven Florian, HRT
- Shelia Gulledge, HRT SCIC Administrative Liaison
Transit in the News
- Smart Cities & New Mobility
- Sustainable Transportation: Best Cities to Live
- US DOT Building a Better Transportation Future for All (Strategic Plan FY2022-2026)
- Transportation Technology Trends for 2023
- Technology Impact on Transportation
- Ways Technology Changes Transportation
- Transportation Trends 2022-23
- Rethinking Smart Cities: Setbacks and How to Move Forward
- Virginia Transportation Research Council (VTRC) Evaluation of a Transit Bus Collision Avoidance Warning System in Virginia