What is a GoPass365?
The GoPass365 is a commuter boarding pass that remains active for 365 days, and can be used on every mode of transportation offered by Hampton Roads Transit, except Paratransit and Vanpool services. Passes are purchased by employers, colleges, and consortiums to help with the transportation needs of students and employees, or as an incentive or benefit. The passes are a thin plastic with their own distinctive design.
How it works
The pass holder can enjoy riding the Tide light rail, bus, ferry, VB Wave, and the 757 Express anytime during service hours by showing the pass and a photo ID. Passes are active from July 1 – June 30 of each fiscal year.
Passes can only be obtained through participating employers, or participating colleges and universities. If you work in Downtown Norfolk, you may obtain a pass from the Downtown Norfolk Council located at 208 East Main Street, 2nd Floor.
Benefits of GoPass365
- Saves commuters the cost of paid parking and gas
- Reduces bus riders’ fare up to 72% in a 12-month period
- Enhances recruitment & retention
- Increases available parking spaces for visitors
- Decreases a corporation’s carbon footprint
- Tax saving benefits for the employer and employee*
- An element towards being the Best Work Place for Commuter designation
*Consult a tax professional for information about using pretax dollars for commute costs.
There are two program options: the per-pass flat rate and the per-swipe monthly fee. The program cycle is from July 1 – June 30, however participation is accepted throughout the cycle at prorated rates. Passes are only available for purchase by employers, colleges, and consortiums. If you are a student or employee of a participating partner, you must obtain your cost per pass from them.