What is a GoPass365?
The GoPass365 is a boarding pass that remains active for 365 days, and can be used on every transit mode offered by Hampton Roads Transit. Passes are purchased by colleges, employers, and consortiums to help with the transportation needs of students and employees, or as an incentive or benefit. The passes are thin plastic with their own distinctive design.
How it works
The pass holder can enjoy riding the Tide light rail, bus, ferry, VB Wave, and the MAX anytime during service hours by showing the pass and a photo ID. Passes are active from July 1 – June 30 of each fiscal year.
Passes can only be obtained through participating employers, or participating colleges and universities. If you work in Downtown Norfolk, you may obtain a pass from the Downtown Norfolk Council located at 223 East City Hall Avenue, Suite 212 .
Benefits of GoPass365
- Saves commuters the cost of paid parking and gas
- Slashes bus riders’ fare up to 72% in a 12-month period
- Enhances recruitment & retention
- Increases available parking spaces for visitors
- Decreases a corporation’s carbon footprint
- Tax saving benefits for the employer and employee*
- An element towards the Best Work Place for Commuter designation
*Consult a tax professional for information about using pretax dollars for commute costs.
There are two program options: the per-pass flat fee and the per-swipe monthly fee. The program cycle is from July 1 – June 30, however participation is accepted throughout the cycle at prorated rates. Passes are only available for purchase by colleges, employers, and consortiums. If you are a student or employee of a participating partner, you may obtain your cost from them.