What is a GoPass365?
The GoPass365 is a boarding pass that remains active for 365 days, and can be used on every transit mode offered by Hampton Roads Transit. Passes are purchased by colleges, employers, and consortiums to help with the transportation needs of students and employees, or as an incentive or benefit. The passes are thin plastic with their own distinctive design.
How it works
The pass holder can enjoy riding the Tide light rail, bus, ferry, VB Wave, and the MAX anytime during service hours by showing the pass and a photo ID. Passes are active from July 1 – June 30 of each fiscal year. Passes can only be obtained through participating employers, or participating colleges and universities. If you work in Downtown Norfolk, you may obtain a pass from the Downtown Norfolk Council located at 223 E. City Hall Ave., Ste. 212 .
Benefits of GoPass365
- Saves commuters the cost of paid parking and gas
- Slashes bus riders’ fare up to 72% in a 12-month period
- Enhances recruitment & retention
- Increases available parking spaces for visitors
- Decreases a corporation’s carbon footprint
- Tax saving benefits for the employer and employee*
- An element towards the Best Work Place for Commuter designation
*Consult a tax professional for information about using pretax dollars for commute costs.
There are two program options: the per-pass flat fee and the per-swipe monthly fee. The program cycle is from July 1 – June 30, however participation is accepted throughout the cycle at prorated rates. Passes are only available for purchase by colleges, employers, and consortiums. If you are a student or employee of a participating partner, you may obtain your cost from them.
For program details and pricing information, employers and educational institutions may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (757) 222-6000 ext.6232 .
Introducing the GoSemester Pass
The GoSemester pass is a GoPass365 pass that is based on college’s three term semesters — fall, spring or winter, and summer. The contract term also runs from July to June, but the passes expires on dates that correspond to semester terms.
- Passes automatically deactivate on the following dates:
- Fall passes activate on August 1 and deactivate on December 31
- Spring passes activate on January 1 and deactivate on May 31
- Summer passes activate on May 1 and deactivate on August 31
Please contact the program manager at email@example.com or call (757) 222-6000 ext.6232.