Rewarding Careers as an Operator
Every day, thousands of people board Hampton Roads Transit vehicles to get to work and school, to meet up with friends, and just take care of daily chores. Your service makes an impact in the community, not only by satisfying the transportation needs of our friends and neighbors, but also in helping to reduce the effects of traffic congestion throughout the region.
Even if you’ve never operated a bus before, HRT will give you the confidence and training to take charge of a vehicle. Look for opportunities to ask questions one-on-one with our knowledgeable staff at our frequent Job Fairs, or call us at (757) 222-6000 and let us help you decide if being an HRT professional Operator is your next step.
HRT Operators are eligible for the following:
- Sign-on bonus for current CDL holders.
- Paid training to get your Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Uniform allowance.
- Room for advancement.
- Guaranteed 40 hours.
- Scheduled pay increases.
- Opportunity for overtime.
- Free transit passes for you and your spouse.
- Seasonal summer positions in Virginia Beach.
- Positions in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Hampton for routes throughout Hampton Roads.