The following fields are required:

    Date of Birth:
    I would like to be kept up to date on changes to the Student Freedom Pass via email.

    Getting Your Pass

    TERMS: I understand that I must visit one of the following Hampton Roads Transit customer service centers with my child's proof of age to obtain a Student Freedom Pass. Child must be present. Child's photo, name, and date of birth will be printed on their pass. Passes cannot be mailed.

    • Downtown Norfolk Transit Center
      434 Saint Pauls Boulevard
      Norfolk, VA 23510
      Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    • Hampton Transit Center
      2 West Pembroke Avenue,
      Hampton, VA 23669
      Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    • 18th Street Administration Facility
      509 East 18th Street,
      Norfolk, VA 23504
      Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    Proof of Age Options (Provide one)

    • DMV-issued ID
    • Military-issued ID
    • Birth certificate and student ID (must have both)
    • Passport
    • All children 17 years old and under ride free with a fare paying adult.
    • The replacement fee for a lost Student Freedom Pass is $15. Limit of one replacement per calendar year. You must bring your qualifying documentation in order to receive a replacement.
    • You do not have to be a student to apply.
    • In all cases, the Student Freedom Pass will expire two months after the student’s expected high school graduation date, or the 18th birthday, whichever is later. Any exceptions to this policy will be handled on a case by case basis.

    If you’re a college student, many local colleges participate in HRT’s GoPass365 program.



    *Your Privacy

    HRT uses information provided on the application exclusively to determine an individual’s eligibility for the Student Freedom Pass program. Unless required by law or compelled by court order, HRT does not sell, distribute or otherwise disclose any information obtained during the Student Freedom Pass application process to third parties.