Department of Homeland Security
Please be aware of these DHS violations.
- Placing any obstruction or barrier on Light Rail guideways, doors or tracks.
- Making a false report of conduct on, the operation of, or a threat concerning any part of HRT’s transit system.
- Illegally operating transit equipment that is not intended for public use, or when it is not necessary in an emergency situation.
- Taking still, sound or motion picture recordings for commercial, training or educational purposes (exception of news coverage), without prior written authorization by HRT.
- Posting any advertisements, literature, signs, handouts, drawings or pictures without written authorization by HRT.
- Abandoning any vehicle or personal property on any part of the transit system.
- Entering the train attendant cab of any Light Rail vehicle without authorization.
- Crossing the yellow safety line while the bus is in motion, or while standing on the Light Rail station platforms.
- Trespassing on the transit system or entering any restricted area.
Report suspicious behavior to HRT security personnel or police immediately. What to watch for:
- A person or persons wearing clothes unsuitable for the time of year.
- Anything protruding in an unusual way underneath a person’s clothing.
- Nervousness, tension, intense sweating and/or hesitant mumbling.
- A person or persons walking slowly or running while glancing left and right.
- A person or persons taking photos of transit operations and equipment.
Suspicious Bags and Packages
Report suspicious bags and packages to an HRT security personnel or police immediately. What to watch for:
- Unattended bags, packages, boxes, backpacks, etc.
- Electrical wires, switches, electronic devices or oil containers sticking out of a bag or pocket.
- Unexplained smoke or unusual odors.
If you see someone leave a bag or package, politely bring it to their attention.
Report harassment to HRT security personnel or dial 911. What to watch for:
- Persistent, unwanted attention.
- Physical, violent or threatening words and/or gestures.
If you feel threatened, move toward light and people, or move to another part of the bus or train.
Report pick-pocketing to an HRT employee or dial 911.
- Keep wallets and valuables in zippered or front pockets.
- If you are carrying a shoulder bag, place shoulder strap(s) diagonally across your body.