Hampton Roads Transit would like to inform you of the following important updates:
- Fare change to $3.50 one-way beginning October 9, 2016
- Free fares on all HRT fixed-route services beginning October 9, 2016
- No Show/Late Cancellation Policy updates. Click here for the full policy.
Please download the letter below for full details of the above information:
Paratransit services are federally mandated through the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Hampton Roads Transit’s Paratransit service is an origin-to-destination, shared-ride service for the cities of Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach. HRT provides Paratransit services to and from locations within 3/4 of a mile of our existing fixed-route services using a variety of vehicles, including lift-equipped vans.
- For general Paratransit information, call the HRT Paratransit office directly at (757) 222-6087. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Click here for HRT Paratransit Scheduling Web Services
- To apply or recertify for Hampton Roads Transit Paratransit services, call ADARIDE toll free at 877-ADA-RIDE (1-877-232-7433) and request an application by mail. Or start the process online by visiting www.adaride.com. ADARIDE offers telephone support on weekdays.
- For certified customers scheduling or checking on a ride, please contact the Paratransit Call Center at (757) 455-8010 which offers the following options:
- Option 1: Connects the caller to reservations. The reservations lines are open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Peak calling times are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Calls during these hours may experience longer hold times. An automated announcement gives callers an estimated wait time.
- Option 2: “Where’s my Ride” checks on a scheduled ride. You will need your Paratransit ID number and password — your 4-digit year of birth — to check on a ride. If you have difficulty using the automated service, please contact Reservations (Option 1) or the Dispatch office (Option 4, then Option 2) for additional assistance.
- Option 3: To cancel a scheduled trip or to request a ticket purchase. These calls go to the Operations Department, where you can leave a message if no one is available to take your call.
- Option 4: Connects the caller to the Operations Department (MV Transportation) where you will be offered the following options:
- Option 2 connects to the Dispatch office
- Option 5 for the Safety Manager
- Option 6 for the Maintenance Manager
- Option 7 for the Operations Manager
- Option 8 for the General Manager
- For information on fixed-route service and fares, please call HRT Customer Service at (757) 222-6100
- TDD/TTY customers, call 711 for Virginia Relay service
We Want Your Input
To offer suggestions, or express a concern about our Paratransit services, please visit or contact us in one of the following ways:
- Online at http://gohrt.com/contact/customer-feedback/
- Call (757) 222-6100 or TDD/TTY customers call 711 for Virginia Relay service
- Write to us at:
Hampton Roads Transit
Attention: Paratransit Services
3400 Victoria Boulevard
Hampton, VA 23661
Two standing committees meet regularly to discuss issues of concern to the Paratransit community. They are open and welcoming.
As a visitor, all Hampton Roads Transit Paratransit service policies and procedures are to be followed. Eligible visitors may use Hampton Roads Transit Paratransit service for a total of 60 days per year. Beyond those 60 days will require the standard eligibility process for permanent use.
For information in alternative format, please call the Paratransit Department at (757) 222-6087 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.