Effective October 5, 2014, a one-way ferry ride across the river is $1.75. Upon boarding, customers pay $1.75 but receive no paper ticket. Customers desiring to make a roundtrip on the ferry, please request a Go2Ride pass, which cost $3.50. For your convenience, there is a ticket vending machine at High Street that accepts cash and credit transactions.
- When buying tickets for later use, use a ticket vending machine. You also can purchase tickets at select convenience outlets.
- HRT accepts exact fare only, bus/light rail/ferry operators cannot make change.
- HRT does not give refunds on any purchases.
- Children/Youth 17 years old and younger may board any HRT vehicle for free as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger.
- Youth, age 17 and under, may be required to show the operator a picture ID which includes age.
- Senior citizens, age 65 and over, must show driver a DMV ID, Medicare ID (with photo ID), HRT’s Half-Fare ID or any other proof of age that includes a photograph.
- Persons with Disabilities must show HRT Half-Fare ID, or an ADA Paratransit ID (with photo). Identification is also required at time of farecard purchase.
- Medicare Cardholders must show a Medicare card with ID or HRT’s Half-Fare ID.
|(1 Trip)||Bus||Light Rail||Ferry||Max||Shuttle|
|Half Fare *(HF)||$0.75||$0.75||$0.75||$1.75||$1.00|
|Effective October 9, 2016
Certified Paratransit Users
Click here for more information
|1 Day (HF)*||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00||None||$2.00|
|1 Day Bundle(5)||$19.00||$19.00||$19.00||$30.00||none|
|1 Day Bundle(5) (HF)*||$9.50||$9.50||$9.50||None||none|
|3 Day (HF)*||none||none||none||none||$4.00|
|30 Day (HF)*||$35.00||$35.00||$35.00||none||none|
*Half Fare Definition
Half -Fare is for customers eligible to receive a 50% discount of the cash fare upon boarding fixed route services OR a discounted price on selected HRT fare media/passes. The following customers are designated as half-fare: Seniors – age 65 and over; Youth – age 17 and under; Medicare cardholder’s or Persons with Disabilities. Valid photo identification with proof of age is required for Seniors or Youth; Medicare Cardholders must show Medicare card with valid photo identification. Persons with Disabilities must show an HRT Half-Fare ID or HRT ADA Paratransit ID with photo ID. Eligible Half-Fare individuals wishing to receive the Half -Fare discount are encouraged (but not required) to obtain an HRT Half -Fare ID or a Youth ID. For full Half-Fare guidelines and a list of accepted forms of ID, please visit the Half-Fare Eligibility page at http://www.gohrt.com/fares/half-fare-id/ or a route schedule.
A Trip is defined as the point at which the passenger boards the vehicle until the vehicle reaches the next published terminal point. After reaching the terminal point, all passengers must exit the vehicles. If the passenger desires to use the same bus/light rail/ferry for the next portion of his/her trip, he/she may reboard to begin the next trip.
** Children/Youth 17 years old and younger may board any HRT vehicle for free as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger. Youth, age 17 and under, may be required to show the operator a picture ID which includes age.