Effective October 5, 2014, it costs $1.75 to ride the ferry across the river one way. When you board, you pay $1.75 but receive no paper ticket. There is a ticket vending machine at High Street that accepts cash and credit transactions.
When buying tickets for later use, use a ticket vending machine, or visit the Portsmouth Visitors’ Center at North Landing. You also can purchase tickets at select convenience outlets.
*Half Fare Definition
Half -Fare is for customers eligible to receive a 50% discount of the cash fare upon boarding fixed route services OR a discounted price on selected HRT fare media/passes. The following customers are designated as half-fare: Seniors – age 65 and over; Youth – age 17 and under; Medicare cardholder’s or Persons with Disabilities. Valid photo identification with proof of age is required for Seniors or Youth; Medicare Cardholders must show Medicare card with valid photo identification. Persons with Disabilities must show an HRT Half-Fare ID or HRT ADA Paratransit ID with photo ID. Eligible Half-Fare individuals wishing to receive the Half -Fare discount are encouraged (but not required) to obtain an HRT Half -Fare ID or a Youth ID. For full Half-Fare guidelines and a list of accepted forms of ID, please visit the Half-Fare Eligibility page at http://www.gohrt.com/fares/half-fare-id/ or a route schedule.
A Trip is defined as the point at which the passenger boards the vehicle until the vehicle reaches the next published terminal point. After reaching the terminal point, all passengers must exit the vehicles. If the passenger desires to use the same bus for the next portion of his/her trip, he/she may reboard to begin the next trip.
**Children: Up to two children under 38 inches tall may board for free with a fare paying adult. Additional children must pay the published Youth fare.
|(1 Trip)||Bus||Light Rail||Ferry||Max||Shuttle|
|Half Fare *(HF)||$0.75||$0.75||$0.75||$1.75||$1.00|
|1 Day (HF)*||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00||None||$2.00|
|1 Day Bundle(5)||$19.00||$19.00||$19.00||$30.00||none|
|1 Day Bundle(5) (HF)*||$9.50||$9.50||$9.50||None||none|
|3 Day (HF)*||none||none||none||none||$4.00|
|30 Day (HF)*||$35.00||$35.00||$35.00||none||none|
- HRT accepts exact fare only and does not give cash refunds on any purchases.
- Children under 38 inches tall may board any HRT vehicle for free, including the ferry, as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger. Up to two children per fare-adult are permitted to board for free.
- Youth, defined as those ages 17 and under, are required to show a picture ID that includes age.
- Senior citizens, defined as people age 65 and over, must show driver either a DMV ID, Medicare ID (with photo), HRT Half-Fare ID or any other proof of age which includes a photograph.
- Persons with Disabilities must show HRT Half-Fare ID, or ADA Paratransit ID (with photo). Identification is also required at time of farecard purchase.
- Medicare Cardholders must show a Medicare card with photo ID or HRT’s Half-Fare ID.