Bus/Light Rail Fares
- A One Day GoPass allows unlimited access to all HRT services except MAX which requires an upgrade fee. The One Day GoPass is good for bus, light rail and ferry services.
- Children/Youth 17 years old and younger may board any HRT vehicle for free as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger.
- Youth, age 17 and under, may be required to show the operator a picture ID which includes age.
- Senior citizens, age 65 and over, must show driver a DMV ID, Medicare ID (with photo ID), HRT’s Half-Fare ID or any other proof of age that includes a photograph.
- Persons with Disabilities must show HRT Half-Fare ID, or an ADA Paratransit ID (with photo). Identification is also required at time of farecard purchase.
- Medicare Cardholders must show a Medicare card with ID or HRT’s Half-Fare ID.
- HRT accepts exact fare only, bus/light rail/ferry operators cannot make change.
- HRT does not give refunds on any purchases.
- Passengers may board the MAX using any valid fare pass, i.e. One Day GoPass, etc. An upgrade fee may be required.
- Some MAX passes can be purchased at Light Rail ticket vending machines.
|(1 Trip)||Bus||Light Rail||Ferry||Max||Shuttle|
|Half Fare *(HF)||$0.75||$0.75||$0.75||$1.75||$1.00|
|Effective October 9, 2016
Certified Paratransit Users
Click here for more information
|1 Day (HF)*||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00||None||$2.00|
|1 Day Bundle(5)||$19.00||$19.00||$19.00||$30.00||none|
|1 Day Bundle(5) (HF)*||$9.50||$9.50||$9.50||None||none|
|3 Day (HF)*||none||none||none||none||$4.00|
|30 Day (HF)*||$35.00||$35.00||$35.00||none||none|
TVM at light rail station issue an IOU?
If a ticket vending machine on the light rail system fails to give proper change, it is programmed to issue an IOU. Any valid IOU less than $5 can be redeemed Monday-Friday, between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at 509 East 18th Street, Building # 4, Norfolk, Virginia. Any refund over $5 will be forwarded to our revenue department and a check will be issued and mailed. For more information, please call 222-6100.
*Half Fare Definition
Half -Fare is for customers eligible to receive a 50% discount of the cash fare upon boarding fixed route services OR a discounted price on selected HRT fare media/passes. The following customers are designated as half-fare: Seniors – age 65 and over; Youth – age 17 and under; Medicare cardholder’s or Persons with Disabilities. Valid photo identification with proof of age is required for Seniors or Youth; Medicare Cardholders must show Medicare card with valid photo identification. Persons with Disabilities must show an HRT Half-Fare ID or HRT ADA Paratransit ID with photo ID. Eligible Half-Fare individuals wishing to receive the Half -Fare discount are encouraged (but not required) to obtain an HRT Half -Fare ID or a Youth ID. For full Half-Fare guidelines and a list of accepted forms of ID, please visit the Half-Fare Eligibility page at http://www.gohrt.com/fares/half-fare-id/ or a route schedule.
A Trip is defined as the point at which the passenger boards the vehicle until the vehicle reaches the next published terminal point. After reaching the terminal point, all passengers must exit the vehicles. If the passenger desires to use the same bus for the next portion of his/her trip, he/she may reboard to begin the next trip.