Online Application Tips
Please read the following tips to help you make the best use of the system:
- Password length is at least eight characters. A password must contain at least one upper case, one lower case and at least one number A password cannot be the same as the user ID.
- Jobs are automatically sorted by date when you first visit, with the most recently posted jobs at the top of the list. You can click on the various headings to sort by job title, etc.
- You may view job postings without registering. However, if you wish to register, look for the “Register Now” link on the top right Login section. Start by creating a profile which includes basic personal information like name, address, and phone.
- Resumes and cover letters can only be uploaded. Resumes and/or cover letters must be completed
when application is submitted. They cannot be added once the application is submitted.
- If you upload a Word document, and wish to view it online, you may need to hold your Ctrl key down before clicking on the link, depending on your web browser and security settings.
- If you are interested in applying for more than one job on the current list, check the boxes to the left of the titles before hitting the “Apply” button. This step will save you time by combining questions into a single list.
- Do not use the “Back” or “Refresh” buttons on your web browser when using the online application. If you do, your application data may be lost. Only use the links or buttons within the application to move between pages.
- Save your work periodically. Online applications “time out” after 20 minutes of inactivity. (You will not time out if you are continuing to click or type in your responses.) Click “Save as Draft” if you are going to step away or work in a different program so you do not lose your work.
- Be sure to hit the “Submit” button to complete the application process. You must submit your application prior to any published deadlines. Job postings will be removed on the deadline date. “Save as Draft” is not considered a complete application. Once application are submitted, changes cannot be made. Resumes
- HRT does not retain applicant username/password information, you must reset your password in the PeopleSoft application.
- Once applications are submitted, changes cannot be made.
- Please provide all of the information that is requested in this application. Answer each question fully and accurately. The omission of information may delay the processing of your application or disqualify you from further consideration. Type “N/A” (Not Applicable) beside those items that do not apply to you.
For further assistance contact Human Resources department at HRHelpdesk@hrtransit.org or by phone 757-222-6000