How To Ride – Bus
Three Ways to Plan Your Trip
- Use Google Trip Planner on the GoHRT home page.
- If you know which route(s) you will ride, get the schedule on the GoHRT Routes page.
- Pick up free route maps and schedules at HRT Transit Centers.
Paying For Your Ride
- To pay on the bus, have exact change ready every time you board.
- To ride three or more times in a day, it’s cheaper to buy a 1-Day GoPass. If you buy your GoPass on the bus, ferry, or light rail vehicle, be sure to have exact change.
- Persons with disabilities or Medicare cardholders pay less for any fare or pass. Youth may also pay less than full fare on certain services. Have an ID ready, and ask before you pay.
- Learn about the many ways to obtain a ticket on the HRT “Where To Buy” Fares page.
Things To Do On The Bus
- Quietly use your cell phone to chat, text, or surf the Internet
- Read the paper, a book, magazine, or digital article
- Meet your fellow passengers
- Relax and watch the scenery
- Take a nap
- Eating and drinking are not allowed on HRT vehicles.
- If you need assistance with or advice about HRT buses, ferries, light rail, or MAX Express service, our drivers are very knowledgeable and will always be happy to help you.