Seasonal VA Beach Cleaner (PT)
Cleaner ensures HRT vehicles are clean and presentable for use in passenger service. This position uses equipment and cleaning solutions to clean the interior and exterior of all company vehicles. This position requires supervision. The quality of a Cleaner’s job performance has a significant impact on customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
(Duties listed are neither intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Clean all interior surfaces of buses, trucks, vans, cars, and other equipment following all applicable procedures and standards to include but not limited to blood-borne pathogens, hazardous waste, etc.
- Use proper equipment and procedures to clean the interior surfaces of vehicles to include but not to be limited to passenger windows, window frames, passenger seating, passenger hand grips and stanchions, side walls, ceilings, ventilation vents and floors.
- Assist in exterior cleaning and daily service activities as needed.
- Remove graffiti from all interior surfaces.
- Clean vehicle floors to include the removal of gum, dirt and grease.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work and shop areas to ensure a safe work environment.
- Meet all HRT productivity and quality standards.
- Transport parcels between the operating divisions and vendors as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Interact effectively, courteously, and professionally with operations department employees and other HRT employees regarding vehicle repairs and other shop business.
- Train other HRT employees in the safe and efficient performance of fleet maintenance and proper operation of required maintenance equipment.
- Assume primary responsibility of assigned projects.
- Perform all required written documentation as directed.
- Follow all HRT procedures associated with found items on vehicles.
- Report inoperable equipment, equipment abuse or component tampering to the shop supervisor.
- Provide assistance, guidance, training, and direction to other shop personnel as needed.
- Be involved in the daily operation of the shop and service line.
- Possess the ability to interpret maintenance manuals and other documents and to safely operate company equipment and assigned tools and supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with HRT/OSHA standards.
- Responsible for proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Safely uses all power and hand-held equipment.
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all current HRT, local, state, and federal regulations, such as regulations governing the handling and disposal of hazardous waste and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
HRT Environmental Management System (EMS):
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS.
- Handle all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
Training and/or Education
High school diploma/GED required.
Basic cleaning and vehicle detailing skills required.
Licenses or Certificates
Virginia Driver’s License
- This position is classified as essential personnel and Safety-Sensitive.
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able interpret and carry out verbal and written assignments.
Must be able to lift fifty (50) lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in all weather conditions and all work shifts. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require overtime as necessary to meet service demands.Apply Now
Drug tests are required for all positions. Participation in HRT’s Drug Free work place program is a requirement for all employees, and therefore is a condition of employment.