Night Revenue Attendant(Full-time and PT Seasonal)
The Revenue Attendant is responsible for removal and replacement of cash boxes on all buses, revenue vehicles, ferries and VB Wave programs.
Essential Job Functions
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Removes vaults from revenue vehicles and deposits contents into receiver; replaces empty vault into vehicles.
- Records the number of all vehicles attended.
- Attaches probe for removal of data from each farebox.
- Maintains security of the Cashier’s Office during hours of responsibility.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s Safety and Security Plan.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant Safety and Security Procedures, Emergency Management Plan and all HRT’s Policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assigned Reporting Locations: Norfolk, Hampton, and Virginia Beach. Must be available to work all locations.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Training and/or Education
Completion of standard high school curriculum or GED required.
One-year general work experience
Licenses or Certificates
Virginia Driver’s License
Must be bondable and dependable. This position is classified as essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work outside in elements to include but not limited to heat, humidity, wind, and rain.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.Apply Now
Drug tests are required for all positions. Participation in HRT’s Drug Free work place program is a requirement for all employees, and therefore is a condition of employment.