Enterprise Asset Management Technical Project Manager
Full-Time Temporary assignment for approximately 1.5 years.
Hampton Roads Transit is looking to hire a technical project implementation manager that can deliver business value to the agency on an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system implementation. The Technical Project Manager is expected to manage technical and security aspects of the EAM system implementation project and resources associated with the project.
Essential Job Functions
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Coordinates technical resources, information, and activities for Enterprise Asset Management business processes.
- Leads HRT Technology Department effort to identify, track, and manage Technology assets.
- Ensures technical aspects for contract milestones have been satisfactorily met before signoff of payments from the project funds.
- Manages the implementation activities, project schedule, task completion and milestones from technical and security perspective.
- Manages and tracks project risks.
- Acts as the technical project management interface to the vendor project team.
- Liaison between HRT Technology Department and HRT Facilities Department for the project.
- Ensures availability of appropriate technical and security resources to support project meetings.
- Ensures that technical and security related project deliverables are reviewed by appropriate HRT staff in a timely manner.
- Identifies and logs proposed technical and security related project change orders.
- Manages the resolution of technical and security related project change orders.
- Documents and tracks technical and security related project issues and decisions to resolution.
- Works with the process owners in communicating decisions that need to be brought to the Project Steering Committee for review and resolution.
- Communicates project status, issues and risks to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Able to effectively plan, execute and communicate the project progress to stakeholders.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions
- Proven experience managing the technical implementation of an EAM system, preferably Trapeze EAM.
- Provide end-to-end project leadership and participate as a technical team member for the implementation.
- Technical knowledge of EAM Applications.
- Technical knowledge of computer networking, security, server management, application management.
- Technical knowledge of installing and managing cloud-based applications/systems.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Project to manage implementations.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Adhere to Project Management practices and business change control process.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, counsel and facilitate individuals and teams to take responsibility and accountability for the goals will be an added advantage.
- Ability to exercise overall day-to-day control of project leads, team members and resources balancing the needs for implementation success with the skills and capabilities of the staff.
- Implement and lead an effective business process change management process that pro-actively identifies business process changes and incorporates an appropriate impact analysis and approval for such changes across the project team.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience interfacing effectively between business and IT teams.
- Understanding of the agency’s Transit Asset Management processes and policies that are key to successful implementation of the new system.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, at all times, by defining and ensuring adherence to established processes and maintaining updated documentation at all times.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively convey information and work well in a structured environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management and within the business administrative, maintenance, functional and technical communities.
- Ability to interface with end users and effectively understand and support their requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.), Trapeze EAM
Training and/or Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years proven experience with the successful project management and implementation of Enterprise Asset Management systems. Trapeze EAM system implementation experience preferred.
- 4+ years proven experience configuring Enterprise Asset Management applications, preferably Trapeze EAM.
- 5+ years technical knowledge of computer networking, security, server management, application management.
- 5+ years technical knowledge of installing and managing cloud-based applications/systems.
- Public Transportation Industry experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Virginia Driver’s License. PMP Certification preferred.
This position is classified as essential personnel. This position is grant funded.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.Apply Now
Drug tests are required for all positions. Participation in HRT’s Drug Free work place program is a requirement for all employees, and therefore is a condition of employment.