Director, Enterprise Technology Solutions
The Director of Enterprise Technology Solutions, under minimal guidance, manages and directs strategies and staff that provide business intelligence services, rapid application development, project management, enterprise collaboration tools, business applications and databases. Work under the direction of the CIO/CTO in the delivery of innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the agency.
Essential Job Functions
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- In conjunction with CIO/CTO, provides strategic leadership, vision, and execution of enterprise technology solutions within business intelligence, agile application and web development, project management, collaboration, business applications and database management.
- Applies rapid project management and agile application development method to produce solutions for business units.
- Uses rapid project management and agile process to implement ideas from prototyping to final solutions. Measure results and track record.
- Establishes and directs repeatable innovation processes with the goal of harnessing new value added ideas.
- Provides and manages resources provided to Technology Projects.
- Establishes priorities based on the agency strategic plan, budgets and timelines for responsible processes.
- Develops and implements annual training goals for team.
- Develops and manages the department budget as well as procuring and managing all software maintenance and support contracts. Leads and provides vision, analysis, design, construction, and implementation of business applications. Manage large and complex contracts.
- Establishes priorities based on the strategic plan, budgets and timelines for all business application projects. Provides and manages resources provided to projects.
- Manages service contracts for contract staff supporting various business applications. Assures contracted personnel maintain high customer service levels and support Information System’s service level agreements with agency users. Provides ongoing evaluation of contract staff performance.
- Directs the maintenance and functionality of assigned legacy systems. Works with project teams to ensure smooth transition of legacy systems to new applications.
- Develops/reviews detailed project plans using structured methodologies for business applications projects. Coordinates with other Technology teams on the implementation of these projects.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of Hampton Roads Transits EMS.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to the following: HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions
- Possession of strong cross departmental negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Working knowledge experience with vendor and contract negotiation.
- Structured analysis, design and implementation methodologies.
- Technology project management and the budgeting process, business user needs and requirements gathering, documentation and translation into viable business solutions.
- Structured analysis, design, construction and implementation methodologies; project management techniques and business application concepts and development.
- Principles of traditional and agile application design, development, quality assurance and deployment.
- Principles of innovation processes.
- Lead and direct a large staff consisting of agency staff and outside contracted professionals.
- Translate business needs into innovative data analysis and reporting solutions.
- Manage complex technical projects and contracts.
- Apply practical solutions to long term strategic goals.
- Lead and manage large projects to ensure proper deliverables on a timely basis.
- Obtain User and Management sign-off for all projects under development.
- Communicate technology issues into terms well understood by the business.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Training and/or Education
Bachelor’s degree in the area of business, computer science, mathematics or related field. Knowledge of current technology trends and how it relates to the business environment.
Minimum of 8 years’ progressive experience in the field of technology and the management of technology teams. Experience in project management, business intelligence, application development, and database management is desired. Transit technology experience preferred and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Virginia Driver’s License
This position is classified as essential personnel. Must be able to pass federal government background screening process for local military installation access.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some overtime.Apply Now
Drug tests are required for all positions. Participation in HRT’s Drug Free work place program is a requirement for all employees, and therefore is a condition of employment.