The New Downtown Norfolk Transit Center
We cut the ribbon!
Our new bus transit center will officially open for business on Sunday, Jan. 17.
This distinctive center with its saw-tooth canopy represents a dramatic improvement for our customers and another step forward in our vision to become the most efficient and customer-driven transit agency in Virginia.
For Norfolk bus customers, this building at 434 St. Pauls Blvd. is a welcome improvement. The new DNTC has interior space to wait when it’s cold or raining, public restrooms, a customer service desk, a break room for street supervisors and operators.
The layout is designed for transit buses in mind. Each of the 14 routes that serve the center has a designated stop, so customers no longer have to chase their bus when it arrives, and operators will not have to deal with these frustrations from customers when they board.
There are ticket vending machines, plenty of benches inside and out, lighting in the evening, improved security, and the location is within walking distance of The Tide’s Monticello station.
- 14 bus routes connecting daily
- Local routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 18, 20 and 45 – plus MAX Routes 960 and 961
- Public restrooms
- Interior conditioned space and a customer service kiosk
- A break room for operators
- Distinctive and welcoming public plaza
- On-site ticket sales
- Security cameras; bike racks
- Walking distance to Monticello light rail station