Verizon Wireless American Music Festival
September 2 – 4 – Catch the VB Wave (routes 30, 31, 32 and 34) out to the largest outdoor musical event on the East coast, the American Music Festival! The sounds of rock, jazz, country, blues, R&B, and more will flood the Virginia Beach oceanfront for three sun-filled days over Labor Day Weekend. Concerts will take place at 17th Street Park, 24th Street Park, 31st Street Park, and on the beach between 5th and 7th Streets. For more information, visit www.beachstreetusa.com.
Norfolk State University Spartans vs. Virginia State University Trojans
September 3 – Head down to Dick Price Stadium on the campus of Norfolk State University for the Labor Day Classic game against Virginia State University. HRT bus routes 9, 13 and 18 or The Tide light rail can get you there. For more information, visit http://www.nsuspartans.com/. Kick-off begins at 6 p.m.
Old Dominion University Monarchs vs. Campbell University Fighting Camels
September 3 – Going to Foreman Field on the campus of Old Dominion University for the season opener against Campbell University? Hop aboard HRT routes 2 and 4 or ride The Tide light rail and help cheer the Monarchs on to their first victory of the season. For more information, visit http://www.odusports.com/. Kick-off begins at 6 p.m.
Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon
September 4 – HRT will be providing a number of shuttle buses to help you get to the Oceanfront, where over 20,000 runners will participate in this annual 13.1-mile race. Watch the marathon and enjoy the bands along the race course help motivate runners cross the finish line! For more information, visit www.rnrhalf.com. The shuttle buses will travel back and forth from the Virginia Beach Amphitheater and designated points along the Oceanfront to the Virginia Beach Convention Center non-stop between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m. Return shuttles begin at 9 a.m. from the finish area to the Amphitheater and Oceanfront locations.
Please be advised that all VB Wave service will be on detour during this time:
- Route 20 – Will not be able to service the stops from 19th & Pacific to 31st & Pacific from 6 a.m. through 8:30 a.m. The stop for 19th & Pacific will be temporarily serviced from 17th & Arctic from 6 a.m. through 8:30 a.m.
- Route 30 – Atlantic Avenue Shuttle – will only service 21st to 40th Streets through 1:00 p.m.
- Route 31 – Campground/Aquarium Shuttle – No service from 8 to 11 a.m. due to road closures – will start running limited service to the Campgrounds only from Atlantic & 19th Street at 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. when normal service can be restored.
- Route 32 – Shoppers Shuttle – will start and end at 19th & Pacific instead of Atlantic & 5th Streets from 9a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Route 34 – Rudee Inlet Shuttle will begin service at 1 p.m.
- Route 960 – The stop for 19th & Pacific will be temporarily serviced from 17th & Arctic from 8 a.m. through 8:30 a.m.