The Management / Financial Advisory Committee (MFAC) will serve as a liaison between HRT staff and the City Managers of the component governments. The MFAC will discuss public transit issues impacting both HRT and the component governments. Support staff for the MFAC will be the City Manager, or their designee, of each component government and the Chairperson of the Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB), or their designee.
Some of the key functions of the MFAC will be:
- To serve as an advisory body to make general or specific recommendations to the Commission
- To review the monthly financial statements as they pertain to each component government
- Ensure all financial information is communicated to the City Managers of the component governments on a regular basis
- To assist HRT in the development of transit services and programs that will complement component government plans and projects
- To facilitate development of HRT annual budgets in coordination with the component government budget development process
- To provide input to the Chief Financial Officer on improving HRT’s financial and accounting practices
The MFAC will conduct regular meetings on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Meetings will alternate between the Peninsula and Southside locations, and notice of meetings will be posted here on GoHRT.com.