Hot Jobs @ HRT
The Bus Operator Job
- Responsible for operating Agency revenue service vehicles safely to include 29 to 40 ft buses used in public transportation in the cities of Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety of Agency customers and equipment; performs routine vehicle inspections to ensure proper operations.
- Communicates appropriate information to customers, Supervisors and other designated to receive such information.
- Answers inquiries from customers and others.
- Follows Agency transportation guidelines, operating rules and procedures.
- Responsible for collecting fares, overseeing the safety of passengers, resolving problems, providing good customer relations and maintaining public trust.
- Arrives on-time and works independently with minimal supervision, however, work performance is carefully and frequently evaluated by supervisor through monitoring of bus schedule adherence, driving record, and the courteous treatment of the public.
- – Close –
The Rail Operator Job
Every day, thousands of people board Hampton Roads Transit vehicles to get to work and school, to meet up with friends, and just take care of daily chores. Your service makes an impact in the community, not only by satisfying the transportation needs of our friends and neighbors, but also in helping to reduce the effects of traffic congestion throughout the region.
Even if you’ve never operated a bus before, HRT will give you the confidence and training to take charge of a vehicle. Look for opportunities to ask questions one-on-one with our knowledgeable staff at our frequent Job Fairs, or call us at 757-222-6000 and let us help you decide if being an HRT professional Operator is your next step.
HRT Operators are eligible for the following: